Monday, February 2, 2009

YUMURTALI ISPANAK




SPINACH WITH EGGS

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb spinach
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 medium size of onion
  • 2 tbs of olive oil
  • 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste
  • 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp of ground red pepper
  • salt
Wash and drain spinach. Chop onion finely. Place a large skillet on the stove top. Take olive oil and chopped onion into the skillet. Turn the heat on medium and cover the lid. Meanwhile, chop spinach. Stir onion once in a while until it chances its color golden brown. Add tomato paste into the skillet and cook it with onion for five minutes. Then, add chopped spinach, black pepper, red pepper, cumin, and salt into the skillet and give it a quick stir. Cover the lid and cook it until spinach absorbs all of its juice, stirring occasionally. Wash eggs just before using them. Make three indentations in spinach and crack one egg into each indentation. Turn the heat down to low and cover the lid. Cook it until egg whites are just opaque.
Enjoy...

5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh, that's a wonderful dish! I love this combo...

Cheers,

Rosa

Mediterranean Turkish Cook said...

Merhaba Iffet,

Inanmiyacaksin ama, bugun isten donerken aksam yemegi icin yumurtali ispanak mi yapsam diyordum kendi kendime. Eve gelince ispanaklari yikamaya usendim de yapmadim bugun, ama aklimdaydi. Tadina bakmadim ama cok guzel gorunuyor.

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Merhaba Nihal,
Benim de basima geldigi oluyor bu durumun. Aklimdan bir tarif geciyor ve bir bakiyorum bloglardan birinde:)
Ikram edebilmeyi isterdim sana.
Iffet

Anonymous said...

Hi Iffet, I have a really strange question, and I hope you can help me. I tend to buy my vegetables at a nice turkish shop near my house, because they have great fresh products, and very often, some new fruit or vegetable I've never seen before. I always buy it, write the name down, and google it when I'm home, to see what I can do with it. Today, however, I bought something they called 'Kardos', but to my surprise, this does not seem to impress google. When I googled turkish vegetables, I came across this blog, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Do you know what this is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marteandheriphone/3260466236/ ? I can check back here for an answer, or you could email me, kardos@ my name .co.uk

Thanks a bunch,

marte

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Hi Marte,
As far as I know, there is not a Turkish vegetable with such name.
I did a little search about it but I couldn't find anything.
Sorry, I couldn't help.
Iffet